background

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Best Project Ever


Ok, so hopefully my BFF will not read this before tomorrow when she actually sees this in person.  So this is the year we both say goodbye to our 20's.  She is much more grown up about this than I am, but that is an entirely different post.  Anyway, for her birthday, I, being on an extremely tight budget, decided to make her present.  This is something that she is normally much more talented in than I am, but I thought, "What the heck, I'll give it a shot!"  Well, boys and girls, I belied my typically creative-less self and made a pretty sinking cute present, if I do say so myself....and I do!  I got the idea from a fellow blogger on her site, Living With Lindsay, and then just tweeked (is that a real word?) it a little bit. It was so much fun and super easy, which in a world filled with markers and coloring books, tricycles and swimming pools, fairies and super heros, quick and easy is my very favorite phrase!  So here's how easy this really was.
 
1.  Buy a wreath circle (no idea what the technical term for that flower styrofoam circle thingy you make    wreaths with, but that's what I'm talking about here)  I got mine at the Dollar Tree, for, you guessed it, $1!


2.  Tear out pages of an old book (or a new $1 crappy romance novel that no one should be forced to read anyhow)


3.  Make a horn shape with each page, hot gluing them in place


4.  Hot glue pages to circle thing (I did longer ones on the bottom and layered up with shorter ones, but that's just me)


5.  I used a bit of 2 or 3 inch wide satin ribbon I had lying around and just laced it through the pages, then glued a few flowers to the center (really just to cover up the fact that I can't make a pretty circle in the middle, but sssshhhh, don't tell) 


The End


See, super easy......and super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment