background

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just For Laughs

Well, SIT's blog suggestion for today was to repost a past blog you're really proud of.  Well, I don't know how "proud" I am of this, but it made me laugh out loud, and I figured, who doesn't need a good laugh, so, enjoy =o)

I am amazing!!! (October 10, 2009)

DISCLAIMER:  Please note, I use this blog as my own free therapy, so please take all ranting and raving with a grain of salt, as it is just the musings of a sleep deprived, overworked, underpaid, toddler chasing mommy =o)

Ever notice how prior to getting married, men are all "I can do it all"?  "I want to do my own laundry, I can clean my own dishes, oh honey, let ME clean the kitchen for you."  WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!!!!!  I mean, I do have to admit, that I probably helped in creating the monster that I have today.  I grew up with Donna Reed for a mother.  She is domesticity(is that a word?) personified.  She made meals from scratch....and not just every now and then when she got all spunky and creative and tried to channel Martha Stewart.  No, everyday she made dinners and desserts and pies and bread!!!!  She also made most of my clothes until I was 9 and even made my dad's dress shirts and sport coats.  My dad, being the lovable color blind fellow that he is, needed my mom's help in clothes selection.  But in true Donna Reed form, she did his laundry, ironed his clothes everyday, put together his outfits.  Come on, I was bound to have some issues resulting from this kind of perfection.  Well, I tried to replicate my mother's uncanny ability to do everything for everyone and make it look effortless.....not so much for me, my friends.  Now don't get me wrong.  I like to do things for my husband.  My problem is that now I am taking care of my two year old "angel" all day, cleaning the house, washing the dishes, dealing with all of the fun of a toddler, then I get dinner ready for DH and Princess (which I do not have time to eat), run her to the babysitters, run back home, get ready for work, go to work, work, come home at 11pm to find the house a disaster and everyone asleep. (and yes I do know that was a rediculously long run on sentence)  So what do I do then, unbutton my shirt, straighten up the house, can't do the dishes b/c the kitchen is right by Princess's room, iron DH's clothes for the next morning, get his lunch ready then some time after midnight, I drop exhausted into bed until Princess wakes up one of her 3 times during the night.  Then at 6 am, the DH wakes up (which of course means I wake up, even if I can't drag my limp body out of bed) and REPEAT.  Moral of this story, clean the house every now and then, rub my back, give me a break and a lot of flowers, and tell me repeatedly how FREAKING amazing I am,  because, dang it, I deserve it!!!!!  

3 comments:


JR said...
Fo Sho. Me love you long time!
Urban Legend said...
You know how people complain about stretch marks, and you're like, "at least you have a kid to show for yours! I just have a bunch of empty candy wrappers." That's how I feel about you. You do waaaaaay more than is humanly possible for me taking care of just me....and you have two people dependent on you! Wow. You amaze me. Hell, I will rub your feet!
Addie's Mommy said...
Sarah, you crack me up! Wow, a foot rub....oh that's right, it's Jess who is freaked out by feet huh? And I would not be amazed if I were you...I'd more likely have a straight jacket and padded cell reserved for when all of this comes crashing down on me and I completely loose whatever sembence of sanity I have remaining =o) I love you girl!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I feel ya- I thought my construction project manager husband would be a real handyman, but I'm the one who does most of it.

    When I was getting ready to have my first baby, my mommy friends convinced me that a man is the only person capable of putting in the car seat right (getting it tight enough, etc)... nope, I definitely do it best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, this made me laugh. love the rant!

    thanks for following... i'm following you back :)

    ReplyDelete