background

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pediatric Cancer Month

Ok, so I am going to share a very honest fact about myself.  One that will definately not paint me in a good light, but sometimes, this kind of realization can be a catalyst for change.  My heart breaks when I see these commercials for different charity organizations.  Especially ones that involve children.  I always talk about doing something.  But talk is cheap and I never do.  I never have.  How sad is that?  Today, however, I found something I can do.....something we all can do.  Craft Hope has put together something to bring a smile to the face of a child who is fighting a fight most of us can't even imagine.  September is pediactric cancer month and Craft Hope is asking us to make pillow cases for kids in the hospital trying to beat this disease.  Please, please, please help do this.  No longer settle for just shedding a few tears for these kids.  Do something to brighten their day.  To make them smile.  To remind them that there is a world of people out there who care whether they live or die, people they have never even met.  Be a little bit of Jesus to a child who is our future.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I wish I knew how to make them :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower from a blog hop on Her Good Intentions.

    http://raisingrichmeiers.blogspot.com

    Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cause. I've never made anything before- I don't even know how to sew... but I'm gonna give it a shot!

    Following you from Blog Hop Tuesday. Mine is http://www.nestingwithniall.blogspot.com. Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete